Matcha green tea is a long tradition of Japanese culture. Matcha Green Tea is made from the nutritious, young leaves picked from the tips of shady Camellia sinensis plants, steamed, decayed and waited until they turned into a very fine powder. Matcha green tea powder is then stored away from light and oxygen to preserve its brilliant green color and antioxidant properties. This miracle elixir has been consumed for over a millennium in the Far East and is now considered one of the most powerful superfoods on the market today.
Below are just a few of the many benefits of Matcha tea
- High in antioxidants
- Loaded with Catechin, EGCg
- Can improve calm and stress
- May increase memory and concentration
- Can increase energy levels and endurance
- Can remove toxins from the body
- Can burn calories
- Can strengthen the immune system
- Can improve cholesterol
How do you make Matcha tea?
- Sift 1-2 teaspoons of matcha into a cup with a small strainer.
- Add 60 ml of warm water. For best results, use bottled water.
- Whisk vigorously (with our whisk) in a gentle scissor motion until tea is frothy.
- Enjoy matcha tea straight from the bowl.